Friday 2 December 2011

Deck the halls with...... post it notes?

If I ever met the human responsible for creating the Post-it note, I would probably kiss them.... Without these little flappy bits of paper my life would be complete and utter chaos... I write everything down, then I write it down somewhere else, to remind me that I wrote it down in the first place. "I love how organised you are..." the other half often tweets.... Really?? I spend every day in a blind panic thinking I've forgotten something... Half the time I wake up and can't work out what day it is, where I'm supposed to be or what I'm doing. One day last week I woke up and couldn't even remember what my job was let alone why my alarm was going off.... I thought I'd had a stroke in the night!

Everything seems to be happening at a million miles an hour at the moment. It goes from Monday to Monday in a blink of an eye and before I know it another week has passed by. Sometimes I wonder what my poor over frazzled brain will be capable of at 70 years old, if anything at all. I have crammed so much into my life in the last ten years I believe it's reasonable my brain and body might just pack up through over use!

At 17 years old I became a mother. Oh no, teenage pregnancy, life will inevitably be over, I'll have to live off benefits and get a council house.... and that is just a brief snippet of the stigma. That's one of the main reasons I started this blog... If just one girl who reads this realises that her life is far from over just because she finds she is with child, then my work here is done. I never truly believed the whole stigma, but I also never realised how much parts of it actually did have a significant impact on my life, until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment